Sharing Digital Texts - Ava Garcia

 Christopher Bruchansky's "Not Found" uses a Google map of London annotated with words and images to create an interactive piece of fiction that explores the writer's mundane excursion in search of a poster for his bedroom wall. The reader moves through the Google map story through the streets of London exploring different areas until they end up in a small café to find a surprise tucked into the pages of the morning paper. This piece of electronic literature pokes at the paradoxical nature of life in the digital age, where unprecedented access and boredom often walk hand in hand, and gestures slyly towards the utopian potential tucked away in the everyday.

This piece is similar to what I would like to create for my final project. Using Google Earth's "street view" and potentially Twine or Thinglink, I want to create a story exploring Italy based on my experience during my study abroad last summer. I want to use pictures and videos that I took throughout my trip to make it more interactive and feel like the reader is traveling with me through all the places I got to explore in Italy.

Comments

  1. I couldn't find this one but it sounds interesting! I like your idea of combining platforms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava, I love the details and the concepts you came up with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VR and Empathy Machine's

VR and Empathy- Hannah S.

Hypertext Fiction