Sharing Digital Texts - Cameron Whitney

 Post Secret Ted Talk


Post Secret Website


Post Secret reminds me a little bit of the Yellow Arrow Project. It involves anonymity and sharing words with others. Thinking about this website and project warms my heart and simultaneously makes me feel like I could cry. It started with Frank Warren, a man who printed out 3,000 pre-addressed postcards in 2004 and randomly handed them out on the streets of Washington, D.C. He included instructions on one side and the other was blank. The instructions told the people who received the cards to “anonymously share an artful secret they’d never told anyone before.” Some people send in deep secrets and others send in funny ones. It is a beautiful form of digital literature as he posts them on the website so people can view new ones every Sunday. I’ve always wanted to send one in and I know that eventually, I will.







Comments

  1. This is so beautiful. It is amazing that he gave people an anonymous outlet for a secret. I like the variation of the different feelings in the project, some funny and others deep. It seems to be whatever the person wants it to be for them. This is very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool piece. It is like collaborative literature from social media but in real life. It is amazing what people say when given anonymity too. The social pressure is just gone and the things that we tend to hide come out. This is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Post Secret, I've been following for years! I hope you do send one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard of Thoraya on YouTube? This reminds me of her, she does something similar!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VR and Empathy Machine's

VR and Empathy- Hannah S.