Hypertext Week Two - Cameron W.

 Hypertext Week Two:

I found J.R. Carpenter’s Entre Ville extremely beautiful and interesting to explore. I love the videos embedded within, especially those accompanied by poetry. I also find the arrows that allow you to scroll down to be very satisfying and they add to the flow of the speech. The writing encapsulates beautiful imagery and diction to draw the reader in and is surrounded by so many other elements. The dog image, which I believe is maybe smoking, is very funny. I like that the page also has a lot of blank space which allows you the focus on each separate thing without being overwhelmed by the whole. The images that come up when you hover over the windows and doors are very aesthetically pleasing and I think this is one of my favorite pieces of hypertext that I have seen.

The hypertext work Afternoon was very strange in my opinion. I was very confused while reading it and it also shocked me at many points. It made just enough sense that it had me questioning whether or not I had just missed some small details throughout the story. I was confused about the yes/no feature but I liked that you could read it in your own time and click next when you were ready for more. I also liked how small each new section was, but I definitely liked this story the least out of the ones we read during this hypertext unit.

I think that Shelley Jackson’s My Body a Wunderkammer contains the most honest and vulnerable writing I have ever had the pleasure to read. It feels so real and intimate to explore someone else’s body and the memories that each part holds. I felt like it is extremely relatable, especially for people who have female bodies. It felt empowering to see someone share very deep and personal thoughts and feelings about something as private as your own body. It honestly made me feel better about my own body and made me think a lot about similar stories, thoughts, and emotions that I tie to each part. I am truly glad to have experienced this piece of hypertext and I’d love to look at more of Shelley Jackson’s work.


Comments

  1. I also really liked Entre Ville! It was very relaxing to just sink into the atmosphere of the piece, if that makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi name twin! I decided to focus more deeply on My Body, a Wunderkammer, so I enjoyed reading your deeper perspective on Entre Ville! I loved the way that the author tied in embedded images and videos into the way that the poetry was presented! I agree with you that the imagery is what made Entre Ville stand out in its own Hypertext right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JR Carpenter is just a beautiful artist and author, I'm glad you loved this piece. This is her website, Luckysoap, where you can read more of her work if you're interested: https://luckysoap.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VR and Empathy Machine's

VR and Empathy- Hannah S.

Sharing Digital Texts - Cameron Whitney