FInal Project - Hannah Prevost

 For my final project, I would like to use Twine in combination with texts and images for students to build their own poems. The focus of the game is to establish the foundation of what the context of the poem will revolve around relationships and interpersonal connections. My working idea is to create a game with three lines of text for the poem, and then from there, the person can choose between two lines of poetry to finish the stanza. From there, they can continue the process of building the poem and collecting different messages. The poems will contain images related to specific stanzas of the poem, which I am hoping to capture myself on my camera. This idea for my final project was influenced by not only my interest in Robert Zubeck’s The Breakup Conversation, but also Adobe’s free online poem generator. Portraying relationships in a digital space is something that I want to take inspiration from through Zubeck’s work, but the idea behind the setup of the poem is inspired by Adobe’s poem generator. To create your own poem, you can generate text with images and graphics. The result is a short, but beautifully intricate and graphic poem. Seeing as much of our class time has been spent examining both interactive games and generative poetry, I wanted to combine these into a medium that can express both as accurately as possible. I’m hoping to create an immersive, emotionally poignant project that will not only reflect relationships in the digital age but my passion and love for poetry in electronic literature as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VR and Empathy Machine's

VR and Empathy- Hannah S.

Sharing Digital Texts - Cameron Whitney