Sharing Digital Texts

 This semester, I found myself to be very inspired by the google my maps projects that we created and looked at. Particularly, I really enjoyed looking at the La Flood Project (2011) created by Mark Martino. To create the project, USC students created many fictional stories of flood catastrophes, allowing for a collective narrative to be developed of a fictional Los Angeles disaster. In particular, I love how multidimensional this project is.The flood itself is illuminated by the two mediums that are incorporated. The stories on the map coexist with a twitter simulation. Ideas for my final project have largely been inspired by this project. 

For my final project, I want to create a google my maps project. While I’m still figuring out precisely what I want my project to be, I’m thinking that I’m going to map out various animal species in a specific geographic location. I’m considering either including information about types of bugs or endangered species. In my project, I would like to include information about the animals, with videos/diagrams to accompany them. I’m thinking about incorporating a creative element as well (such as a fake interview or persona) for the creatures on my map. 



http://laflood.citychaos.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VR and Empathy Machine's

VR and Empathy- Hannah S.

Sharing Digital Texts - Cameron Whitney