Sharing Digital Texts NR

 After reviewing various electronic literature genres I’ve decided that one typically sticks out to me. The specific digital tool that I want to look at uses photos and videos to create a story. In order to incorporate all these different options for my final project in electronic literature, I would like to focus on the software known as ThingLink. I am familiar with this software which will allow me to focus on my writing skills for this assignment which I hope to strengthen. I have come to the realization that I appreciate works that physically engage the reader and relay on them to navigate different modes. By using ThingkLink I will have my users navigating through my photo to view different options that are provided. I want the readers of my work to leave either with knowledge on the creator or favoriting my writing story. For my final project I want to create a cooking section that links each spice on a shelf or ingredient to a recipe and the importance of that meal or memory. Through this cooking Thinglink the reader will learn more about myself as well as my family with every click. I was inspired to do this project from the book Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner. This memoir does a great job at bringing food and culture together to tell a story which is the direction I would like to take for my project. As I was browsing ThingLink I found an example called New Twists on Classic Pies that showcases pies and discusses the recipe as well as tutorial videos! This example is what I will be basing my project off of as well as adding some video and sound footage. I hope to make the layout appear as a cooking magazine cover! I found this to example to be helpful and sweet. This project will allow me to move my family recipes onto one platform, so that I’d be easier to find!


Comments

  1. What a creative idea! Excited to see how the spices create the 'recipe' to your life story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound cool. I haven't read Crying in H Mart yet, but heard great things. You may also like, Circle K Cycles by Karen Tei Yamashita!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VR and Empathy Machine's

VR and Empathy- Hannah S.

Hypertext Fiction